POSITION TITLE: Contract Acquisition Specialist I
LOCATION: Richmond, VA
Established in 2014, Veteran LED (VLED) has evolved to become a leader in Energy Management solutions for the commercial, industrial, and government markets. Veteran LED has performed contracts in over a dozen states, and has a network expanding across the Mid-West and East Coast. We employ individuals with a hard work ethic mindset, dedicated to our team, our goals, and our company mission. The VLED mission is to provide energy management products and services generating long-term solutions that create immediate realized savings. VLED consistently researches ways to reduce the population’s energy consumption, improve processes to reduce O&M expenses, and maintains our commitment to employ veterans and their families.
Since its inception in 2014, Veteran LED has been designated as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, and owned/operated by Marine combat veteran, Chris Rawlings. Though Veteran LED products and services may evolve over time, the dedication and duty this company has to support the veteran community and reduce environmental impact is second to none. Where possible, preferential application points will apply to verified veterans as employee, vendor, and sub-contractors alike. As with all of our company practices and standards, this veteran partnership initiative shall not violate any federal, state, or local laws.
Veteran LED is looking for a “Contract Acquisition Specialist I”, to join the team and help transform and expand the business. The position will encompass multiple roles, with a primary focus on government contracting and administrative support. The candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for organization and customer service. This position offers a tremendous opportunity for growth and ability to gain insight into government contracting. The candidate will be responsible for supporting Government Business Development and Sales Teams, as well as other programs of a similar nature with Veteran LED. This positon requires the candidate to balance multiple projects at once (supporting roles or primary roles), coordinate with the team on scheduling calls/meetings, and consistently develop growth and efficiency strategies for our back office.
The goal is to develop relationships and coordinate with our technical reps. to deliver high quality solutions for Government purchasers nationally. Extensive initial and on-going training will be provided.
- Federal, State, and Local Diversity Program Compliancy
- Knowledgeable of Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Understanding Solicitations for Government Contracts o IFB, RFP, QQ
- Navigating Government Procurement Portals
- 40% - Data entry, project management, market research, scheduling
- 20% - Receive inbound correspondence – open, sort, distribute
- 20% - Prepare and modify documents, develop agendas on continuous process improvement
- 20% - Studying market developments to identify new segments. Building customized presentations and supporting materials to generate leads, optimize conversions / close ratios, and recruit talent.
- Proven track record gained over several years, providing solutions based services/products
- Experience within fast paced environments during exponential growth.
- Creativity in finding new approaches to connect with government purchasers and joint venture with other businesses in our space.
- Focus on:
— Continuous Process Improvement
— Business Development
— Project Management
- Ability to prioritize and focus while multi-tasking
- Persistent and organized
- Detailed mentality
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of customer service experience, (combined)
- 2 years of experience with a CRM/PM tool
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.